This car was exhibited new in the 1924 Melbourne Motor Show with an elegant, polished, all alloy body made by Waring Brothers in Melbourne. The original owner is not known but in the early 1930's it was driven by a nurse living in the Melbourne suburb of Brighton. It was then bought in the 1930's by Robert Hood who later became a founder of the Vintage Sports Car Club of Victoria. Robert paid £20 and described the car as being in excellent condition except for a stripped timing gear. He had a new timing gear made and the car became his regular means of transport while a student at Melbourne University. After WWII Robert sold the car.
Jim and Alan Goble found the car in the late 1950's on the Mercer's property Elephant North near Mortlake in western Victoria. Alan paid £25 and then later sold it on to his brother Jim for the "inflated price" according to Jim, of £100.
Jim looked after the car for the following 50 years but never used it. In 2014 Jim had Grant Cowie thoroughly overhaul the car mechanically, but otherwise retaining the patina of the original body. Jim then sold the car to its present owner in 2015.
Chassis No: 15,003
Engine No: 16,203